Monday, September 8, 2008

Britney Spears is back

In just seven months Britney Spears has turned around her disastrous personal and professional life to regain her status as award-winning darling of pop. How on earth did she manage it, asks Emma Cowing
IT TOOK just 20 seconds. Striding onstage at the MTV Video Music Awards (VMAs) in Los Angeles on Sunday night in a vintage silver Versace mini-dress, her skin glowing and her eyes bright, Britney Spears uttered the four short sentences that would resurrect her career.

"I want to thank God first and foremost for just blessing me like this," she told the crowd of hardened music industry types as she accepted three awards, for best female video, best pop video and video of the year. "I want to thank my beautiful family, my two beautiful boys for just inspiring me every day. And my fans, this is for you. Thank you so much".

The crowd got to its feet and – as the singer flashed the innocent white-toothed smile that had once made her America's sweetheart – gave her a standing ovation. With that, Britney Spears was back.

No comments: