Friday, March 21, 2008

Lopez's Twins Get Their Big Reveal

PEOPLE magazine has the first photos of Marc Anthony and Jennifer Lopez's twin babies, who were born in February. On the cover of the magazine, Lopez is seen smiling while holding her two newborns.

For Lopez and Anthony, joyfully nesting with their month-old twins means diaper duty, sleepless nights and the best sung lullabies in the business, PEOPLE reports in its latest cover story, on sale Friday.

The pair were interviewed at their Long Island estate, where they have been holed up since Lopez gave birth by C-section on Feb. 22 to Maximilian David and Emme Maribel. Since then, Lopez, 38, has shed most of the nearly 50 lbs. she gained during pregnancy – and has also entirely re-adjusted her attention.

"I've been very career-oriented my whole life and very focused on my own world and my own life, and all of a sudden the focus just shifts. It's like, 'Whoosh!' I want to do everything for them," says the new mom.

For Anthony, 39, life has changed, too. "I don't go to sleep!" he admits.


Describing the arrival of the babies, Lopez says, "To me, they both looked like Marc. I think that's the first thing I said: 'She looks like you! He looks like you, too!' My doctor said, 'Did Jennifer get a gene in here or what?' "

But how much did the photos cost? Early reports suggest the price tag was as high as $6 million for shots of the newborn twins and their mother, besting the amount the magazine paid for photos of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's daughter, Shiloh. Read More on the Rising Price of Baby Pictures

PEOPLE magazine is known for it's coverage of the celebrity baby boom, with cover stories including Christina Aguilera and her son Max, and Nicole Richie with her daughter Harlow Winter, as well as the Jolie-Pitts and Lopez.

No comments: